Very Youthful Company
Pangdemonium’s Very Youthful Company is back for 2022! As one company, we will stage a fully-realised play as actors and stage managers. All participants will also be get the chance to try their hand in costume design and marketing — and it is absolutely free! Master your craft under the mentorship of our Associate Director Timothy Koh.
Be it acting, production or arts management, you’ll get the chance to put together a VYC production at the end of the programme. If you have a passion for theatre, join the club!
What to Expect – You will:
- Receive specialised training in your applied field.
- Gain insight into the artistic, production, and business operations of a professional theatre company.
- Enjoy the process of creating, rehearsing, and working towards a professional production.
We’re looking for young people who meet the following qualifications:
- Between 14 and 19 years old.
- Have some previous theatre training and skills.
- Exhibit a strong drive and show enthusiasm for the performing arts as either a performer or creator.
- Are willing to commit to Saturday afternoon rehearsals and to be available for the performance dates for a period of 6 months.
- The ability to work in a team and to take directions are a must!
Applications are now closed for 2022
Under the guidance of workshop guests and Pangdemonium staff, participants will hone their craft as performers and stage managers, gaining a holistic understanding of theatrical process from start to finish.
This is a unique experience for young theatre-makers to make theatre from a production and performance focussed perspective and is completely free to all successful applicants.