New Works Lab
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2022
Pangdemonium is launching a New Works Lab in 2022, aiming to provide playwrights with intensive dramaturgical support on a new original play.
Selected playwrights will have the opportunity to work closely with our Associate Director, Timothy Koh in going through stages of drafting, feedback, and inquiry.
This process-focused program will culminate into a workshop with actors and a staged reading to an invited audience in the third week of July.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for playwrights who have:
- Completed their education or who are not currently enrolled nor preparing to enrol in a school or program.
- Writing experience
- Fully staged productions of other work, or had work developed in writing programs or workshops.
What plays are we looking for?
- New, original pieces of writing that can be on any subject or topic.
- Plays that are not adapted from any media unless you own the right to adapt them into a theatrical form.
- Plays that have not been fully staged.
What do you need to submit?
- Draft of one full length, producible play
○ A producible play is defined as having a reasonable cast, set, and prop requirements.
○ A full-length play is defined as having a running time longer than 1h 20mins
- Artistic Resume (One page)
- Statement of purpose (One page)
○ What do you hope to gain out of developing this play with Pangdemonium?
○ What else do we need to know about your artistic journey thus far?
○ Tell us about the inspiration and drive for writing this play.
You must have the sole intellectual property rights to the script you submit.
A play that has already been developed without a fully-staged production may be considered under certain circumstances, if so, include the development history of the play in your resume or statement of purpose.
Submission Deadline – 4 March 2022, 11:59pm
The play, resume and statement of purpose should be submitted as PDFs, titled “Last Name, First Name, [Draft/Resume/Statement]”
Submit your application to email@example.com with the subject ‘LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, New Works Lab Application’
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org