By Tanay Pant
Learn how to layout, construct, and installation your Firefox OS functions, equipped with net applied sciences, to the Firefox Marketplace
About This Book
• Create attractive and interactive Firefox OS functions via making use of your wisdom of net development
• Cater your purposes to an incredible variety of clients via porting them to the Firefox OS
• A step by step studying workflow with real-life purposes to illustrate the concepts
Who This ebook Is For
What you are going to Learn
• set up, use, and entry the Firefox OS simulator with the aid of WebIDE
• Get to grasp approximately program appear documents and the fundamental distinction among internet purposes and Firefox OS applications
• Create an program that measures the tapping velocity of the user
• Create an software that enables a consumer to envision in at a spot with geolocation tagging
• entry device-specific good points with WebAPIs and enforce those through development a photograph modifying and sharing application
• publish your personal functions to the Firefox industry and proportion them with others
• Professionally retain the code of your program with assistance from Github and install your hosted functions to OpenShift
With wide compatibility, the most recent in net applied sciences, and strong improvement instruments, Firefox is a smart selection for either net builders and finish clients. Firefox OS's advertising of HTML5 as a first-class citizen opens up the walled gardens of cellular software improvement for net builders. this is because of this initiative that no distinctive SDKs are required to enhance for Firefox OS.This publication may also help you excel within the paintings of constructing functions for Firefox OS. It sequentially covers wisdom development, abilities acquisition, and useful applications.Starting with an creation to Firefox OS, utilization of WebIDE, after which the appliance constitution, this ebook introduces functions of accelerating complexity with every one bankruptcy. An software that measures your tapping pace, a geolocation tagging program, and a photograph enhancing and sharing program are the 3 purposes that would be equipped from scratch. you are going to find out about issues equivalent to the variation among a variety of sorts of Firefox OS purposes, program happen records, offline apps, and designing ideas for functions. additionally, you will discover ways to try and publish the purposes to and eventually preserve the repository of the Firefox OS application.By the top, it is possible for you to to increase fantastically designed, fully-fledged, and conscientiously confirmed Firefox OS functions and likewise proportion them on the Firefox OS Marketplace.
Style and approach
This e-book is an easy-to-grasp workflow with useful examples of real-world purposes resembling Clickr, money In!, and FotoFox. every one bankruptcy explains the recommendations, that are then strengthened as they're tested in an program or a flowchart.
Read or Download Learning Firefox OS Application Development PDF
Similar web development books
A pragmatic consultant to Designing for the net is for those who are looking to study the fundamentals of picture layout and practice them to their net designsproducing extra eective, polished, targeted websites. It’s additionally beneficial for photograph designers who are looking to brush up at the fundamentals or the way to combine what they already find out about layout with the calls for and quirks of designing in particular for the internet.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * the place CSS, HTML, and the DOM healthy into smooth scripting, and the way to exploit them jointly successfully
* the right way to construct potent shape validation into your functions utilizing Ajax
* how you can create mashups utilizing APIs
* the right way to construct dynamic person interfaces
<h3>Who this publication is for</h3>
* Object-Oriented Programming
* Ajax and information trade
* visible results
* Case research: FAQ Facelift
* A Dynamic support process
Readers can take their Hypertext Preprocessor abilities to the subsequent point with this totally revised and up to date Hypertext Preprocessor complex: visible QuickPro consultant, 3rd version! full of fourteen chapters of step by step content material and written by means of bestselling writer and Hypertext Preprocessor programmer Larry Ullman, this advisor teaches particular issues in direct, concentrated segments, indicates how personal home page is utilized in real-world purposes.
Prime website entrepreneur Jon Smith has condensed the secrets and techniques of his good fortune into fifty two inspiring rules that even the main hopeless technophobe can enforce. the intense counsel and sensible recommendation in websites that paintings will uplift and remodel any web site, from the best to the main advanced.
- Responsive Web Design by Example
- The Designer's Web Handbook: What You Need to Know to Create for the Web
- CakePHP Application Development: Step-by-step introduction to rapid web development using the open-source MVC CakePHP framework
- SignalR Real-time Application Cookbook
- A Practical Guide to Managing Web Projects
Additional info for Learning Firefox OS Application Development
These access Web APIs that allow the application to interact with the hardware. The manifest file provides the Firefox OS with the necessary information to install the application. As mentioned earlier, there are primarily two types of Firefox OS applications: packaged and hosted. Let's first understand the difference between these two types of applications and learn the advantages and disadvantages of using them. This will allow us to determine the application type that should be deployed in any given scenario.
Running Firefox OS Simulators with WebIDE In this chapter, you will learn how to use WebIDE and its features. We will start by installing Firefox OS simulators in the WebIDE so that we can run and test Firefox OS applications in it. Then, we will study how to install and create new applications with WebIDE. Finally, we will cover topics such as using developer tools for applications that run in WebIDE, and uninstalling applications in Firefox OS. In brief, we will go through the following topics: • Getting to know about WebIDE • Installing the Firefox OS Simulator • Installing and creating new apps with WebIDE • Using developer tools in WebIDE • Uninstalling applications in Firefox OS Introducing WebIDE It is now time to have a peek at Firefox OS.
Summary In this chapter, you learned about Firefox OS applications, the difference between hosted and packaged applications, and the different types of permissions of a Firefox OS application. You then studied the application manifest files, created a Firefox OS application named Clickr, made the application run on the simulator as a packaged application as well as a hosted application, and made the application fullscreen. We then built Clickr, and had a brief discussion on Web APIs. In the next chapter, you will study how to make hosted applications installable and offline with the help of Application Cache.
Learning Firefox OS Application Development by Tanay Pant