By Martin Kalin
Publish yr note: First released February 1st 2009 (first edition)
Learn easy methods to enhance REST-style and SOAP-based net providers and consumers with this quickly and thorough advent. This hands-on e-book gives you a transparent, pragmatic method of net providers through supplying an architectural review, whole operating code examples, and brief but targeted directions for compiling, deploying, and executing them. You'll easy methods to write companies from scratch and combine latest prone into your Java applications.
With higher emphasis on REST-style providers, this moment version covers HttpServlet, Restlet, and JAX-RS APIs; jQuery consumers opposed to REST-style prone; and JAX-WS for SOAP-based prone. Code samples comprise an Apache Ant script that compiles, applications, and deploys net services.
• research ameliorations and similarities among REST-style and SOAP-based services
• application and bring RESTful internet providers, utilizing Java APIs and implementations
• Write SOAP-based net prone with an emphasis at the software level
• study the handler and shipping degrees in SOAP-based messaging
• examine wire-level protection in HTTP(S), users/roles safeguard, and WS-Security
• Use a Java software Server (JAS) as a substitute to a standalone internet server
Read Online or Download Java Web Services: Up and Running (2nd Edition) PDF
Best web development books
A realistic consultant to Designing for the net is for those who are looking to examine the fundamentals of photo layout and observe them to their net designsproducing extra eective, polished, particular websites. It’s additionally important for photograph designers who are looking to brush up at the fundamentals or the right way to combine what they already learn about layout with the calls for and quirks of designing particularly for the internet.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * the place CSS, HTML, and the DOM healthy into sleek scripting, and the way to take advantage of them jointly successfully
* tips to construct potent shape validation into your functions utilizing Ajax
* how one can create mashups utilizing APIs
* find out how to construct dynamic person interfaces
<h3>Who this publication is for</h3>
* Object-Oriented Programming
* Ajax and information trade
* visible results
* Case examine: FAQ Facelift
* A Dynamic support procedure
Readers can take their personal home page talents to the subsequent point with this absolutely revised and up to date personal home page complicated: visible QuickPro consultant, 3rd version! packed with fourteen chapters of step by step content material and written via bestselling writer and personal home page programmer Larry Ullman, this consultant teaches particular subject matters in direct, centred segments, indicates how Hypertext Preprocessor is utilized in real-world purposes.
Prime website entrepreneur Jon Smith has condensed the secrets and techniques of his good fortune into fifty two inspiring principles that even the main hopeless technophobe can enforce. the intense information and functional recommendation in websites that paintings will uplift and remodel any web site, from the best to the main complex.
- Getting a Web Development Job For Dummies
- Information Architecture for the World Wide Web: Designing Large-Scale Web Sites (3rd Edition)
- Knockout.js: Building Dynamic Client-Side Web Applications
- RESTful Web APIs
- The Principles of Beautiful Web Design (2nd Edition)
- Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3
Additional info for Java Web Services: Up and Running (2nd Edition)
Tomcat is the popular name for the web server, and Catalina is the official name for the servlet container that comes with Tomcat. Tomcat also includes a web console, tutorials, and sample code. This section focuses on installing Tomcat and on basic post-installation tasks such as starting and stopping the web server. x, which requires Java SE 6 or higher. Earlier Tomcat versions are still available. There are different ways to download Tomcat, including as a ZIP file. Tomcat can be installed in any directory.
Because HTTP is the dominant transport for websites and web services, the HttpServlet is an excellent choice for implementing either. In the HttpServlet class, the do-methods such as doGet and doPost are defined as noops, (methods with empty bodies); these methods can be overridden as needed in a programmer-derived subclass. For example, if the class MyServlet extends HttpServ let and overrides doGet but not doPost, then doPost remains a no-op in MyServlet instances. A servlet programmer overrides the do-methods of interest and ignores the rest.
Java Web Services: Up and Running (2nd Edition) by Martin Kalin