By D. Gershenson, et al.,
Read Online or Download Gynecologic cancer : controversies in management PDF
Best cancer books
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, and now a documentary from Ken Burns on PBS, The Emperor of All Maladies is an impressive, profoundly humane “biography” of cancer—from its first documented appearances hundreds of thousands of years in the past in the course of the epic battles within the 20th century to remedy, keep an eye on, and overcome it to an intensive new knowing of its essence.
The discoveries highlighted during this publication parallel the emergence of leading edge “molecular precise” small molecules and monoclonal antibodies, i. e. brokers that concentrate on proteins inside hugely activated sign transduction pathways that regulate proliferation. a few of the tumor-targeted thoughts defined inside go the bounds among what’s thought of to be “molecular certain” as opposed to traditional systemic treatment.
Because of the expanding variety of electronic mammograms and the arrival of recent different types of 3-dimensional x-ray and different kinds of clinical imaging, mammography is present process a dramatic swap. to satisfy their tasks, clinical physicists needs to regularly renew their wisdom of advances in clinical imaging or radiation remedy, and has to be ready to operate on the intersection of those fields.
Melanoma touches everybody’s lifestyles in a single manner or one other. yet such a lot folks be aware of little or no approximately how the ailment works, why we deal with it the best way we do, and the personalities whose commitment acquired us the place we're this present day. for 50 years, Dr. Vincent T. DeVita Jr. has been a type of key avid gamers: he has held with regards to each significant place within the box, and he built the 1st winning chemotherapy therapy for Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a leap forward the yank Society of scientific Oncologists has referred to as the head learn strengthen in part a century of chemotherapy.
- Infectious Complications of Cancer
- Colitis-Associated Cancer
- Current Cancer Therapeutics
- A Short History of Breast Cancer
- Kicking Butts: Quit Smoking and Take Charge of Your Health
- Breast Cancer Genes and the Gendering of Knowledge: Science and Citizenship in the Cultural Context of the ‘New’ Genetics
Extra resources for Gynecologic cancer : controversies in management
Am J Obstet Gynecol 1992;166:803-809. 137. Giuliano AR: The role of nutrients in the prevention of cervical dysplasia and cancer [review]. Nutrition 2000;16:570-573. 138. Ziegler RG, Brinton LA, Hamman RF, et al: Diet and the risk of invasive cervical cancer among white women in the United States. Am J Epidemiol 1990;132:432-445. 139. Ziegler RG, Jones CJ, Brinton LA, et al: Diet and the risk of in situ cervical cancer among white women in the United States. Cancer Causes Control 1991;2:17-29. 140.
J Infect Dis 2002;185:324-331. 120. Burger MP, Hollema H, Pieters WJ, et al: Epidemiological evidence of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia without the presence of human papillomavirus. Br J Cancer 1996;73:831-836. 121. Claas EC, Melchers WJ, Niesters HG, et al: Infections of the cervix uteri with human papillomavirus and Chlamydia trachomatis. J Med Virol 1992;37:54-57. 122. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Revised classification system for HIV infection and expanded surveillance definition for AIDS among adolescents and adults.
9. Sankaranarayanan R, Budukh AM, Rajkumar R: Effective screening programmes for cervical cancer in low- and middleincome developing countries. Bull World Health Organ 2001; 79:954-962. 10. Franco EL, Duarte-Franco E, Ferenczy A: Cervical cancer: Epidemiology, prevention and the role of human papillomavirus infection [comment]. CMAJ 2001;164:1017-1025. 11. 0. 5. Lyon, France, International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2001. 12. Franco EL: Primary screening of cervical cancer with human papillomavirus tests [review].
Gynecologic cancer : controversies in management by D. Gershenson, et al.,