By Ron Haskins, Fred Wulczyn, Mary Bruce Webb
The nationwide Survey of kid and Adolescent healthiness (NSCAW) is the 1st nationally consultant learn of youngsters who've been stated to professionals as suspected sufferers of abuse or forget and the general public courses that safeguard them. this can be the 1st booklet that studies the result of NSCAW, translates the findings, and places them right into a broader coverage context.
Read Online or Download Child Protection: Using Research to Improve Policy and Practice PDF
Best children's studies books
In 2002, the Governments devoted to a time-bound set of ambitions, techniques and activities in 4 components: selling fit lives; supplying caliber schooling; holding opposed to abuse, exploitation and violence; and fighting HIV/AIDS. This document presents new info and research at the development the area has made in lowering baby and maternal mortality and malnutrition, making sure common fundamental schooling, conserving young ones opposed to abuse, exploitation and violence, and battling HIV/AIDS.
Crisis is becoming in regards to the effectiveness of tv advertisements rules within the gentle of technological advancements within the media. the present swift development of television structures in terrestrial, sattelite, and cable codecs will quickly stream into electronic transmission. those all supply possibilities for better commercialization via ads on media that experience no longer formerly been exploited.
The Age of Consent; adolescents, Sexuality and Citizenship addresses the contentious factor of ways kid's sexual behaviour can be regulated. The textual content comprises: ·A distinct background of age of consent legislation within the united kingdom, analysed through modern social concept ·A international comparative survey of age of consent legislation and proper overseas human rights legislation ·A severe research of ways protectionist agendas formed new age of consent legislation in England and Wales within the Sexual Offences Act 2003 ·In-depth theoretical dialogue of the reason for age of consent legislation ·An unique inspiration to lessen the age of consent to fourteen for children who're below years aside in age Responding to modern matters approximately younger people's sexual behaviour, sexual abuse and paedophilia, this booklet will interact readers in legislations and socio-legal stories, sociology, background, politics, social coverage, formative years and early life stories, and gender and sexuality reviews; and pros and practitioners operating with children.
- The Sexualization of Childhood (Childhood in America)
- The Child: An Encyclopedic Companion
- Ending child poverty : Popular welfare for the 21st Century
- Book Smart: How to Develop and Support Successful, Motivated Readers
- The Economics of Investing in Universal Preschool Education in California: Executive Summary
- Why White Kids Love Hip Hop: Wankstas, Wiggers, Wannabes, and the New Reality of Race in America
Extra resources for Child Protection: Using Research to Improve Policy and Practice
22. Christine A. Tashjian, Silvia E. S. Department of Education, 1996). 23. Adapted from Delbert Elliott and David Huizinga, Self-Reported Delinquency Measure (Boulder: University of Colorado, Institute of Behavioral Science, 1985). 24. Barbara Starfield and others, “The Adolescent CHIP: A Population-Based Measure of Health,” Medical Care 33, no. 5 (May 1995): 553–66. 25. S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Children, Youth and Families, 1995). 26. Murray Straus and others, “Identification of Child Maltreatment with the Parent-Child Conflict Tactics Scales: Development and Psychometric Data for a National Sample of American Parents,” Child Abuse & Neglect 22, no.
Methods The NSCAW database has measures for three of the five developmental domains used to determine children’s eligibility for Part C services from birth to three years of age. 11 Caseworker identification of children with developmental and behavioral problems was obtained from interviews of intake workers. Victimization status of the children was obtained from the investigative caseworker’s report of the outcome of the investigation. Children were classified as victims if the maltreatment under investigation was either substantiated or indicated.
Annie E. , 2003), p. 36. 5. Ibid. 6. The authorizing language can be found in section 429A of the Social Security Act. 7. ) 104-193, Section 503 National Random Sample Study of Child Welfare or Section 429A National Random Sample Study of Child Welfare of the Social Security Act. 8. The statute authorizing the study refers to including children “at risk of abuse or neglect,” so this decision by the study group was consistent with the intent of the statute. 9. A fifth wave of data collection, which will assess the children’s progress at five to six years after the baseline investigation, was begun in 2005 as new funding became available and is scheduled for completion in 2007.
Child Protection: Using Research to Improve Policy and Practice by Ron Haskins, Fred Wulczyn, Mary Bruce Webb