By Steve Lydford
WebMatrix is the newest addition to the highly renowned Microsoft ASP.NET internet platform. This interesting new expertise goals to simplify the method of constructing web pages by way of combining the hot and strong Razor syntax with an absolutely extensible set of knowledge and HTML helpers for appearing universal net tasks.
The WebMatrix deploy comprises all of the instruments the developer calls for to fast create fully-functional, data-driven, dynamic websites utilizing ASP.NET web content. The light-weight customized improvement device works along SQL Server Compact variation and web info prone (IIS) exhibit to supply a unbroken and easy-to-use setting which permits the net developer to pay attention to the quick improvement of feature-rich web content, with no the necessity to research the advanced thoughts and hugely dependent programming types which many different frameworks require.
What you’ll learn
* tips to mix HTML and server-side C# Razor code with the strong .NET framework to simply increase web pages utilizing Microsoft WebMatrix
* the best way to create layouts which might be utilized throughout a number of pages
* how one can have interaction with SQL Server and different databases, utilizing confirmed thoughts and most sensible practices
* tips on how to add social networking positive aspects for your site utilizing WebMatrix Helpers
* the best way to create your individual customized capabilities and helpers to supply reusable code and content material
* how you can safe your site utilizing a role-based club version
* tips on how to installation your site to a internet hosting supplier
Who this e-book is for
This publication is geared toward somebody with a simple wisdom of net applied sciences who desires to use this most modern addition to the Microsoft ASP.NET net platform to simply and quick construct feature-rich, dynamic, data-driven web pages.
Table of Contents
* Getting began
* C# Primer
* operating with Razor and ASP.NET websites
* types and Validation
* operating with information
* safety & club
* complete software Tutorial: Getting all started
* including E-Commerce good points
* web site management
* including Social Networking with the package deal supervisor and WebMatrix Helpers
* complicated WebMatrix
Read Online or Download Building ASP.NET Web Pages with Microsoft WebMatrix PDF
Similar web development books
A pragmatic advisor to Designing for the net is for those who are looking to study the fundamentals of picture layout and practice them to their net designsproducing extra eective, polished, certain websites. It’s additionally important for image designers who are looking to brush up at the fundamentals or easy methods to combine what they already learn about layout with the calls for and quirks of designing in particular for the net.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * the place CSS, HTML, and the DOM healthy into glossy scripting, and the way to take advantage of them jointly successfully
* how you can construct potent shape validation into your purposes utilizing Ajax
* easy methods to create mashups utilizing APIs
* the best way to construct dynamic consumer interfaces
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
* Object-Oriented Programming
* Ajax and knowledge trade
* visible results
* Case research: FAQ Facelift
* A Dynamic support method
Readers can take their Hypertext Preprocessor talents to the following point with this totally revised and up to date Hypertext Preprocessor complex: visible QuickPro consultant, 3rd version! full of fourteen chapters of step by step content material and written by means of bestselling writer and Hypertext Preprocessor programmer Larry Ullman, this consultant teaches particular issues in direct, concentrated segments, indicates how personal home page is utilized in real-world purposes.
Major site entrepreneur Jon Smith has condensed the secrets and techniques of his luck into fifty two inspiring principles that even the main hopeless technophobe can enforce. the bright advice and useful recommendation in sites that paintings will uplift and remodel any site, from the easiest to the main advanced.
- Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works (2nd Edition)
- The Mobile Book (By Smashing Magazine)
- Selenium 2 Testing Tools: Beginner's Guide
- Effortless E-Commerce with PHP and MySQL (2nd Edition)
- Foundation Rails 2
Additional resources for Building ASP.NET Web Pages with Microsoft WebMatrix
34 ] Chapter 4 Once again, in the Commerce model, the browsable shop window items are just good old fashioned nodes (product displays) with links to one or more actual products. The browsable item is the product display. From a buying perspective When a customer actually buys the product, you, the seller, need to know exactly which one they've ordered. It's more than likely that you will want to control stock of each color and size variation individually, therefore each different size or color must be a distinct product with a unique Stock Keeping Unit.
Consider scenarios where the prices for your store will vary over time, or situations based on other factors such as volume-based discounts. Will some preferred customers get a special price deal on one or more products? Customers You cannot complete an order without a customer and it is important to consider all of their needs during the planning process. By default, a customer profile in Drupal Commerce contains an address type field which works to the Name and Address Standard (xNAL) format, collecting international addresses in a standard way.
Firstly, what we formerly referred to as product displays, we'll now call product display nodes, or better still just products. Secondly, what we formerly referred to as products, we'll now refer to as product variations. I'm sure you'll agree that this new terminology makes good sense and is easier to relate to than the out-of-the-box defaults. Ensuring unique product titles Since we are going to be using the combination of modules detailed earlier, aside from the SKU, we will need at least one other field to be a Taxonomy reference field that can be used to distinguish one product variation from another uniquely.
Building ASP.NET Web Pages with Microsoft WebMatrix by Steve Lydford