By Patricia C. Henderson
Read Online or Download AIDS, Intimacy and Care in Rural KwaZulu-Natal: A Kinship of Bones (Amsterdam University Press - Care and Welfare Series) PDF
Similar cultural books
Drawing upon a number views from textual and cultural experiences, this ebook synthesizes textual, contextual and viewers research into an total photo of that means making. utilizing examples starting from Balzac to blonde jokes, modernist poetry to pop lyrics, the publication discusses the standards that give a contribution to the fomation of that means: language, media, texts, contexts and readers.
There's a advanced and contested terrain of cultural history within the library, archive and museum context. details Literacy and Cultural historical past explores this panorama and covers views from museums, information and libraries, highlighting the function of reminiscence and contested historical past within the assortment, description and presentation of cultural background.
Different types of embodied exertions, akin to surrogacy and participation in medical trials, are primary to biomedical innovation, yet they're hardly regarded as exertions. Melinda Cooper and Catherine Waldby tackle that undertaking, studying what they name "clinical labor," and asking what such an research may well point out in regards to the association of the bioeconomy and the wider association of work and price at the present time.
Because the top of the privatization debate within the Nineteen Nineties, alterations in executive coverage have led to major transformation within the public area. a few companies have made the transition from executive forms to enterprise enterprise effectively; others have struggled to relinquish their conventional bureaucratic tradition.
- The Transmission of Culture in Early Modern Europe
- The Oriental, the Ancient and the Primitive: Systems of Marriage and the Family in the Pre-Industrial Societies of Eurasia (Studies in Literacy, the Family, Culture and the State)
- Sociolinguistics: A Reader
- Rethinking Creativity: Contributions from social and cultural psychology
- Social Anthropology and Human Origins
Additional resources for AIDS, Intimacy and Care in Rural KwaZulu-Natal: A Kinship of Bones (Amsterdam University Press - Care and Welfare Series)
15 These indignities did not affect Flood’s fiery competitiveness on the field. On 10 July 1957, the Macon Dodgers beat the Redlegs 4–2 in a game played under protest by Savannah manager Jim Brown. According to the Savannah Morning News, Flood ‘kicked so strenuously on a close play in the fifth [inning], that he was thumbed out [of] the game’. He had moved from the outfield to third base, with the intention of replacing Cincinnati’s third baseman, Don Hoak. 300 and made the South Atlantic League All-Star team at third base.
1898 Taylor’s presence on the LAW circuit again resisted while he climbed to second place in the standings; championship could not be decided because of rift between the LAW and the rival, breakaway professional organization, the National Cycling Association. August, set 1 mile world record (1m 41 2/5s, standing start, paced), in match against Jimmy Michael. , riding a chainless bicycle, Taylor broke 1 mile world record (paced, 1m 31 4/5s); ended season holding 7 world records between ¼ and 2 miles.
26. Louisville Evening Times, 20 Feb. 1894; Bearings, 23 Feb. 1894; according to LAW Bulletin (July 1885), 37, membership regulations already included the word ‘white’, leading to the assumption that at some stage in the later 1880s, ‘white’ was removed from regulations. I have not been able to document exactly when this occurred. 27. ‘Drew the Color Line’, Louisville Evening Times, 20 Feb. 1894. 28. Bearings, 2 March 1894. 29. New York Tribune, undated, quoted in Robert Smith, A Social History of the Bicycle (1972), p.
AIDS, Intimacy and Care in Rural KwaZulu-Natal: A Kinship of Bones (Amsterdam University Press - Care and Welfare Series) by Patricia C. Henderson